Monday, November 9, 2015

Book Review: Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn

Forget Tomorrow (Forget Tomorrow #1)
Author:  Pintip Dunn
Publisher:  Entangled Teen, 400 pages
Publication Date:  November 3, 2015

From Goodreads:
It's Callie’s seventeenth birthday and, like everyone else, she's eagerly awaiting her vision―a memory sent back in time to sculpt each citizen into the person they're meant to be. A world-class swimmer. A renowned scientist.

Or in Callie's case, a criminal.

In her vision, she sees herself murdering her gifted younger sister. Before she can process what it means, Callie is arrested and placed in Limbo―a hellish prison for those destined to break the law. With the help of her childhood crush, Logan, a boy she hasn’t spoken to in five years, she escapes.

But on the run from her future, as well as the government, Callie sets in motion a chain of events that she hopes will change her fate. If not, she must figure out how to protect her sister from the biggest threat of all—Callie, herself.


Review:
LOVED the premise of this and it really made me think.  What would life be like if, on our seventeenth birthday, we found out something important about our future? Like you saw yourself married to one person but you were currently dating someone else?  You saw yourself in a career you currently had no interest in?  These future memories (sent by your future self) determine everything in your life.  

In this book, the main character actually sees herself killing her little sister.  What?? Although I loved the premise, the world-building and romance were just so-so.  But that ending…talk about cliffhanger.  I read the synopsis of the next book and now I really don't know what to think.  This one is worth reading for the ending alone.


Posted by:  Pam
 

2 comments:

  1. I have this one to review and now I'm kind of like, meh. I hope I wind up enjoying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't want to ever know my future but it is a very interesting concept. Almost like reading to see how a prophecy unfolds (thinking of books like The Immortal Heights). I'm definitely intrigued but I might wait to see how book two goes....

    ReplyDelete