Friday, October 2, 2015

Book Review: Time's Divide by Rysa Walker

Time's Divide  (The Chronos Files #3)
Author:  Rysa Walker
Publisher:  Skyscape, 543 pages
Expected Publication Date:  October 20, 2015
*ARC received from publisher via NetGalley

From Goodreads:
The Cyrists are swiftly moving into position to begin the Culling, and Kate’s options are dwindling. With each jump to the past or the future, Kate may trigger a new timeline shift. Worse, the loyalties of those around her—including the allegiances of Kiernan and the Fifth Column, the shadowy group working with Kate—are increasingly unclear.

Kate will risk everything, including her life, to prevent the future her grandfather and the Cyrists have planned. But, when time runs out, it may take an even bigger sacrifice to protect the people she loves.

Review:
Great conclusion to an amazing series!  I was really worried about how all of this was going to turn out, but the author tied everything up in a satisfying way.  There was a ton of action and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.  

One thing I did not anticipate, at all, was how the love triangle would be resolved.  This is one of the few series where I loved both guys and I just knew I would be heartbroken for one of them.  And yes, it's a love triangle, but not really, because Kiernan is in love with Kate, but not this Kate, the other Kate from a different timeline.  I mean, it's Kate but it's not Kate.  If you read the books you'll understand. Anyway, the author surprised me with what happened and it was a clever way to resolve things.

I do have a couple of nitpicky things that bothered me.  One, the time travel stuff started to get convoluted.  It may just be that I was reading the book way too fast but I got a little confused, but that happens sometimes with time travel books.  Two, what happened with Cyrus.  Way too anticlimactic.

Time's Divide is one of my favorite time travel series, I highly recommend it! Action, history, romance, two swoony guys, an incredible heroine…I could go on and on. Just read it!

Posted by:  Pam

3 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to read this series - I still have the first one on my TBR so I am so glad to hear that this was a great conclusion and that the love triangle was resolved really well. Some times time travel books go over my head so I will probably be in the same boat but that won't be anything new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love when a series ends well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely need to read this series. You've raved so much about it and I love time travel books. Glad to hear the ending was done well!

    ReplyDelete