Friday, July 17, 2015

Book Review: No Kissing Allowed by Melissa West

No Kissing Allowed
Author:  Melissa West
Publisher:  Entangled Embrace
Expected Publication Date:  July 28, 2015
*ARC received from publisher via NetGalley

From Goodreads:
No kissing. No touching. And definitely no falling in love...

Armed with her besties, an embarrassing number of shots, and her list of 10 Wild Things To Do Before Adulthood, recent grad Cameron Lawson is partying it up before she starts her dream job at New York's biggest ad agency. Her last task? Hook up with a random guy. And while it's so not her style, the super-sexy guy sitting next to her is definitely game. No names. No details.

At least, that was the plan.

On her first day of work, Cameron discovers her hook-up is none other than Aidan Truitt—her new boss's boss. Talk about failing the “no fraternizing with coworkers” policy on an epic level. Especially when Aidan makes it clear their one night was only the beginning. Falling for him could cost her everything, but sometimes the only way to get what you want is by breaking a few rules…

Review:
Cute, feel good book with a fairly low level of angst.  I liked that Cameron knows who she is when it comes to relationships.  She's not a causal relationship type of person and she's honest about that.  In fact, Cameron doesn't play games and she talks with Aidan about what she wants and how she feels.  That was a breath of fresh air.  I also liked how important family was to Cameron.  She's close with her family and she likes to spend time with them.  

Aidan…I liked him, he's a good guy, but for some reason I wasn't head over heels for him.  His issues, having a jerky dad who left his mom and therefore he never wants to get married or have children…I didn't exactly buy it, but I guess it doesn't have to take much to make a guy commitment shy.  :)

No Kissing Allowed definitely made me smile.


Posted by:  Pam

3 comments:

  1. this sounds cute! I like the fact that the mc knows what she wants and ACTUALLY communicates that. I hate when characters just refuse to communicate with each other. drives me nuts. And I do love the whole taboo sleeping w/the boss's boss thing. My interest is definitely piqued. I may have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't like Melissa West's other NA, but the fact that this is low level angst and the girl knows what she wants... I might give this a try.
    Thanks for your review, Pam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would really like Cameron!!! But Aidan has me worried...

    ReplyDelete