Monday, April 13, 2015

Book Pushing (2)

                    This is a feature where we will be pushing books or authors on you.

Jessica Shirvington is one of my favorite authors.  I've read every book she's written.  First, I read the Embrace series and absolutely fell in love with it.  The whole series is out so you can binge read it.  It's amazing.  Interesting angel mythology, a fantastic heroine, a great love interest (Lincoln!), and well-fleshed out secondary characters (think the Buffy Scooby gang).  There's action, adventure, drama, romance, betrayal, redemption, and a lot of snark.  I can't recommend this series enough.  Now, to be honest, there is a love triangle, but it's integral to the plot of the series.  One of the few.  So even if you hate love triangles, I'm still recommending this book.  Just trust me on it.  Jessica Shirvington writes in such a way that you care about the characters.  I don't cry in books, but in one of the books, I cried for the last 10 chapters.  
Since I fell in love with that series, I had to read Between the Lives (One Past Midnight) when it came out.  It wasn't out in the US, but I was so obsessed with this author that I purchased the audiobook (which for some strange reason you could get in the US even though the book wasn't out yet).  And I'm not a big audiobook fan.  But I couldn't wait.  And again, fell in love with this book about a girl who lives in two different worlds.  
Finally, I read the Disruption series.  Loved this duology!  Quin!!!!  Best. Book. Boyfriend. Ever.  I'm telling you, Jessica Shirvington is a genius.  You can't go wrong with any of her books.  

                                                   
                                    Have you read any of her books?? 
                         
                         Posted by:  Pam

4 comments:

  1. I've never read any of this author's books, but I've heard lots about them! Thank you for putting her back on my radar. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of the author but never read anything by her. Sounds like it would be books I would enjoy though, I will have to add it to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I haven't read anything by her either! But I have the Disruption series high on my TBR and plan on starting there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I've read is One Past Midnight and I LOVED it. I know you've been pushing the Embrace series on me for a while. I need to buy them and read them. Maybe I'll try to binge read it sometime this summer. If it's anything like OPM I'm sure I'll love it!

    ReplyDelete