Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: December Picks


Waiting on Wednesday features upcoming releases and is hosted by Breaking the Spine. This is our monthly post, where we pick books that are coming out in the next month that we just cannot wait for. That we're absolutely dying to read. 

Although it seems like everyone else has read it but us, we're both really excited about These Broken Stars.

Author:  Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Publisher:  Disney Hyperion, 384 pages
Expected Publication Date:  December 10, 2013

From Goodreads:
It's a night like any other on board the Icarus. Then, catastrophe strikes: the massive luxury spaceliner is yanked out of hyperspace and plummets into the nearest planet. Lilac LaRoux and Tarver Merendsen survive. And they seem to be alone.

Lilac is the daughter of the richest man in the universe. Tarver comes from nothing, a young war hero who learned long ago that girls like Lilac are more trouble than they’re worth. But with only each other to rely on, Lilac and Tarver must work together, making a tortuous journey across the eerie, deserted terrain to seek help.

Then, against all odds, Lilac and Tarver find a strange blessing in the tragedy that has thrown them into each other’s arms. Without the hope of a future together in their own world, they begin to wonder—would they be better off staying here forever?

Everything changes when they uncover the truth behind the chilling whispers that haunt their every step. Lilac and Tarver may find a way off this planet. But they won’t be the same people who landed on it.

Pam's Picks
In addition, I'm excited about:
Class of '98 by A.L. Player, expected publication date: December 3, 2013
Girl and guy get sent back in time from their tenth year high school reunion to senior year of high school.  Described as Back to the Future meets She's All That.  Enough said.
Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes, expected publication date:  December 3, 2013.
I've already read this, but I loved Falling Kingdoms so much and Rebel Spring is fantastic.  Described as a YA Game of Thrones, this is one of my favorite fantasy series right now.
Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout, expected publication date:  December 1, 2013.
I'm not a big novella fan, but a new series from JLA?  Involving gargoyles?  Can't wait!
Sheri's Picks
The Geeks Guide to Dating by Eric Smith, expected publication date December 3, 2013.  Who doesn't love a story where the geeks finally win?

One More Day by L.S. Murphy, expected publication date December 2, 2013.
A collection of short stories that asks a variety of authors to consider what if your world suddenly changed.
 
Dangerous Dream by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, expected publication date December 17, 2013.  I just started the Beautiful Creatures series and I am loving it.  This series will focus on some of the secondary characters like Link and Ridley.



What are you waiting for?

26 comments:

  1. I just finished These Broken Stars and omg I loved it so much. It was amazing!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

    I just got Falling Kingdoms for my Kindle and can't wait to start reading it. I've heard great things about the series.

    I don't know how I feel about the new Beautiful Creatures series... I think I'll probably wait until after it comes out and read a few reviews. I liked the Beautiful Creatures series, but I almost feel like maybe this new series is going to make it tired. You know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've read one negative review of These Broken Stars, can't wait.

      Hope you enjoy Falling Kingdoms, I loved it! ~Pam

      Delete
  2. I have been trying to wait patiently for Rebel Spring but GAH! I need it! Only a few more days, I can do it. lol I'm glad to hear you liked it s much! These Broken Stars is soooo good too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebel Spring is really good, I just love that series. So well done. And I keep hearing such great things about These Broken Stars, can't wait! ~Pam

      Delete
  3. My TBR pile just got bigger. Great books here! Now I can't wait for them either! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many great books to read, my list just keeps getting bigger and bigger too. ~Pam

      Delete
  4. I see a couple that I have on my on WoW, hehe. I won an ARC of These Broken Stars but I haven't had the chance to read it yet. And Class of '98 sounds cute and fluffy and I always want some fluff in my life.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely need fluffy sometimes, some of these books can be pretty dark so it's nice to balance it out. Congrats on winning the ARC! ~Pam

      Delete
  5. Well, I haven't read These Broken Stars yet, waiting on my preorder since I couldn't snag a copy beforehand, but so looking forward to it. I can't wait for JLA's new series, haven't read anything with gargoyles, and the novella will be perfect for the rest of the wait. I haven't actually heard of the others, ahh. Great picks! :)

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read one book about gargoyles, The Beautiful and the Cursed, and I loved it. I love anything JLA writes, so it should be really good. ~Pam

      Delete
  6. I CANNOT stop gushing about These Broken Stars. I sound like a madman and a broken record, but it is THAT GOOD. Still my favorite book of the year. I already want to re-read it and it has only been a couple of months. I can't wait for you both to read it!

    And I was SO excited to see a spin-off of the Beautiful Creatures series. I really like those characters and look forward to their canon.


    GREAT PICKS ladies!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I hear about These Broken Stars, the more I want to read it. Can't wait! ~Pam

      Delete
  7. Oh, yes for These Broken Stars, Class of 98 (which I'm on a tour for - yay!), and Dangerous Dream!!! Had trouble picking just one? Me too, although the rest of mine are scheduled out for the next two months. Lol!

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW, Pam!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we're just doing WoW once a month and picking books that are coming out the next month. Too hard to just pick one! :) ~Pam

      Delete
  8. I can't wait to read These Broken Stars. Class of '98 sounds really good. I haven't read the Beautiful Creatures series, so I didn't know they series was continuing. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how many great books are coming out in December. Fun month! ~Pam

      Delete
  9. Well if it makes you feel any better.. I haven't read These Broken Stars yet either.. I am dying to though!
    Some really great sounding picks!
    Now following on BL!
    Caught Reading Redheaded

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in the minority, I think! :)

      Thanks for following! ~Pam

      Delete
  10. I need to get on Falling Kingdoms! I'm glad to hear you've enjoyed both books. Class of '98 sounds cute and I love the cover for the Geek's Guide. I have that one on my Kindle, but haven't gotten to it yet. Great picks! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Rebel Spring. Rebel Spring was awesome. Your picks are really good. I really like the cover for These Broken Stars.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too, that series is one of my favorites. ~Pam

      Delete
  12. WAIT Is Dangerous Dreams another book or a novella?!?! I had no idea there was more to the story (I only read up to book two i think).

    I NEED REBEL SPRING LIKE I NEED AIR (ok that was dramatic of me but I really cant wait for it =P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, I'm sure you're going to love it. ~Pam

      Delete
  13. Great picks! These Broken Stars is a really great read, I hope you both love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely can't wait for that one, not too much longer! :) ~Pam

      Delete